Pages

Amazon Homepage

Saturday, July 3, 2010

I Feel A Celebration Coming On

Sometimes I get the gist of the modesty thing and other times I'm like screw it - toot my own horn! People pay big bucks for marketing and promotion as long as there's something to promote and to me,  a short story that came in second place in a writing contest is a big thing.


Agatha The Thirteenth is a story about two friends who audition for a part in a soap opera. It's a bit humorous and authentic because I based it on the experience I had auditioning for movies and television. Although, the ending is truly fictional - the character is a concoction of various oddballs I've known.


It's under 1800 words and should take about three to five minutes to read. I discovered with this contest, that's the key. Tell the story in about 1780 - 1800 words and you have a chance. Unless you're already a pro, stories over 2000 words are really a challenge to keep a reader's attention.

Hope you enjoy it and if you do, please share it - First Line Fiction makes it easy with a facebook and Twitter button. Better yet, leave me a comment and tell me what you like or don't like about the story.

Happy Fourth of July, folks! And don't blow up your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment