Pages

Amazon Homepage

Saturday, May 12, 2012

It's Fer Me Ma

"Never look for the truth in your mother's eyes" - Porcupine Tree

What a fantastic line. Wish I wrote it but I didn't - it's from a song. And in response to it, I'd like to say, your mother's only told you like, a thousand times! What do you need to look in her eyes for?

Right?

Since my mother's still around to tell me everything I'm doing wrong (and I thank her each time she does), I'd like to dedicate this post to the mothers who have left us.

Your love will never be forgotten - even though you're not there to kiss away the tears or yell, "Get it TOGETHER, will ya," your voice and your touch is forever etched in our memory.

You have taught us the meaning of sacrifice - and you taught it the hard way because life is not easy but you know it's harder if we don't appreciate the strife.

You molded a heck of a miracle - that you nurtured and protected and found the courage to set free.

You will be missed - whether you departed in your time or much too soon.

Happy Mother's Day - up there.

L-R: Sono, Grandmother Koimai, some lady I don't know
For my Aunt Yukiko and Mrs. Sperry - rest in peace.

9 comments:

  1. That's really touching, Namzola! Well said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and wish your wife a lovely Mother's day from NYC.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. You made me cry a little. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammitall YOU MADE ME GET EMOTIONAL AND STUFF!!

    That was beautifully awesomesauce Nami.

    ~The G is Silent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, not the stuff, too! Thanks for the sauce, by the way.

      Delete
  4. Totally touching post! Stop it. 'Cause it caused me to get some sort of weird wet stuff in my eyes.
    Happy belated Mama's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome pic of your gma!

    ReplyDelete