Pages

Amazon Homepage

Friday, December 23, 2011

Say NO To White

This was Christmas vacation 2010.
Dec. 26 - four hours after the first snowflake fell.
Who'd rather be in Aruba?

It was the Avalanche that hit New York.
December 27, 2010

Seriously, if I see this much snow again on a holiday break, I'm going to set fire to the next person that lectures me about global warming. Is that warm enough for you, because it does the trick for me.

This year, I'd like to do more exploring with my guys other than dog poop treasure hunting in the snow. I have plans to revisit museums, sights and locations where famous movie scenes were shot because I never know what they'll remember. They are both obsessed with the Linda Blair "Exorcist" doll that was displayed at the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria. Yes, that of all things. Hope it's not foreshadowing.

So please...say "no" to a White Christmas this year. I'm sure Mr. Snow Miser can use a break. He worked awful hard last year.



And if you're still bent on seeing the white stuff, listen - I have these two guys to entertain. Tell me you don't get wrinkles and gray hair just looking at them.



All they want during Christmas break is adventure ending with a hot plate of fries. At a pub. A pub that pours a perfect pint. Okay, I added that last part but we deserve that, don't you think?

Merry Snow-less Christmas wishes from our family to yours!

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got more than 8 inches last night. It suck balls.

    I wish every day ended with a plate of fries.

    Merry merry friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Nami! :) Snow and all, hope you'll have a nice one with your family! To next year friend, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in agreement with you on the snow, as I don't own proper snow defence boats, or shoes! i tried to address this issue on water proof foot wear, and purchased a pair of timberland shoe boots, 150.00 $. The left shoe was fine, but the right shoe leaks in all the F*&^%king cold water!
    Merry Christmas, or Happy Mithra day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Twinisms: Guess you can't NOT expect it to snow where you are. I'm such a city rat. Best wishes to you and your fam!

    @grapesandoranges: Merry Christmas to you, Dear Husband and your sweet little Gherkins!

    @Chaz! You know what they say, don't make fun of the homeless until you've walked a mile in their shoe. You have that covered. Happy holidays, old friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely deserve half a pint after all that soul-searching meditation, Nami! I agree- I prefer Green Christmases. White Christmases are pretty to look at through a window but are horrible to navigate! You're always welcome in South Texas if you want to break away- It's not Aruba- but we have good beer. haha! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any place with good beer, is a second home to me. Merry Christmas to you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All you've gotta do is move to Arkansas. There've been several Christmases when I've worn shorts. And (of course) no shoes.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas to you my fried. That does looks brrr shit cold! I remember my first winter Christmas in upstate NY. Man, I can't walk in the snow :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. For your sake, I'm glad it didn't blizzard there again. I didn't used to love snow until I stopped working, and worrying about commuting. We enjoyed the NY Blizzard 2010! And I'd love to see snow here in Portland! Little Ethan and I would play in the snow until our toes gets frosted. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, I'm sitting on the side of the hemisphere where I have no choice in a snow-less Christmas. It is sunny, 27 degrees and my husband just asked me when did I want to go to the beach...Nope. No snow avalanche here :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you think Tim Finn would record "White Sand Chrismas" as a tune? What's up with your blog site, by the way? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Ellen Wonton: Oh right, you were here during that White Out last year. We were spared this year, but January, February and March 2012 is a whole other story...can't wait. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete