Pages

Amazon Homepage

Friday, August 3, 2012

My Own Closing Ceremony

Well, it looks like my two weeks kid-free staycation is drawing to an end. Although, I'm not a Run Streak Freak like Kim, I did manage to run-hobble every single morning. Those old Tai-chi folks at the track are going to miss me running circles around them come Monday.

I can hear them already, "Limping monkey-lady not here today?"

"No. Maybe she get foot caught in mouth for good - Bwa-Ha-Ha-Ha!"

Shut up, Pat-Morita-looking-dude.

I couldn't tell you if all the hobbling amounted to anything because I haven't weighed myself or dieted in conjunction. As a matter of fact, I may have actually gotten heavier - my body tends to do that when I exercise. That's why I stopped in the first place.

Drinking water makes you heavy - drinking alcohol makes you light - that's like - a no brainer. Have a beer, step on the scale; Look, I lost half a pound without doing anything!

Enough about working out and faux nutrition guides - I have torture plans in store for the boys next week. Hopefully, the weather will co-operate and more importantly, I'll remember to take pictures because buffoonery is best when captured in action.

Pictures like this one my husband took after he helped a very pregnant woman by carrying this huge box she was dragging to the corner where her husband was going to pick her up. I don't know which is harder to believe, that a husband would make his pregnant wife drag a heavy box a whole block or that my husband actually helped a stranger out.

I better get ready for rain.

Buffoonery in front of a tattoo shop

10 comments:

  1. I was telling Hot Joe about the buffoonery of Samu and Zuki and he couldn't get past their names. I was like, "But they are so funny! You should see her pictures! Total hams!" "Seriously, Zuki?" I said, "They live in Queens, if someone makes fun of them they can handle it. Could you handle it at their age in upstake New York amongst the deer and trees?" I got your back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so totally honored that their names got a reaction from Hot Joe! If he's worried about them being teased for it, tell him how Samu's best friends are named Time and Ping. The only name that ever got teased was "Luca" - we asked if he lived on the second floor. We be crass like dat.

      Delete
  2. I so totally like your views on diet and exercise, mostly because I fail miserable at it. Helping a pregnant woman? Good for him. Making your pregnant wife carry a heavy box... not so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad always taught me to make disciplines enjoyable if I intended to keep them up. So I'd say that lesson hit home in terms of keeping fit, yes?

      Delete
  3. Cute picture! My husband was helping an old man with abig rick in his yard today....after I told him how nice it was Dustin said he was hoping if he's nice enough to him he'll just put us in his will. LoL I doubt that plan's going to work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guess is that you'll receive fifty dollars in a Thank You card. Okay...now THAT'S wishful thinking.

      Delete
  4. Limping monkey-lady. That's funny. :)
    I miss Pat Morita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So they call Tattoo shops "Social Clubs" in NY?

    ReplyDelete