Pages

Amazon Homepage

Monday, February 13, 2012

I 8 Your Heart

Although I'm not in a writing rut right now (try saying that three times fast), I just had to take a break and get away. In other words, my husband turned on AMC's "The Walking Dead" marathon and I could not tear myself away.

What is it about zombies? Out of all the ghouls, they are the least intelligent. Downright retarded if you ask me. Yet, what makes them so appealing? For starters, nobody's tried to make them more, you know, romantic. Unlike vampires, who have become fashionably lame, zombies haven't sold out. Their look hasn't changed, still wearing those same tattered clothing with blood stains that make you wonder if there's enough Tide stick in the world to get them out.

My boys are rather obsessed with zombies, too. How do you kill zombies, mommy?

"Honey, there are no such things as zombies."

"Yeah, but if there were, how would you kill them?"

"Apparently, you have to shoot 'em in the head because if you shoot anything in the head, it dies. Well...except maybe Kevin Brennan."

But Werewolves are my personal favorite. Maybe because I'm raising two myself. They are not affected by the phases of the moon, however, they are half feral almost all the time. This picture speaks for itself.

The Feral Kids
But I am happy with my lovable mosters. Be it zombies, werewolves or toofless sharks, they have a heart of gold. Happy Valentine's day.

Samu's Zombie V-day Card

18 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwww. That Samu! No plans but the office have an interesting activity today, will keep you posted! Happy Hearts Day friend! Mwah!

    P.S. You do have cute lovable monsters that sometimes I am really tempted to "attempt" to have one too. Shh.. don't tell dear husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your secret's safe with me. If all else fails - please help yourself to one of my guys. Starting with the famous words of Henny Youngman, "Take my husband...please" - he can be quite the baby.

      Delete
  2. Awww so precious! Happy Valentine's Day, Nami! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I know you've got to be feelin' the love, too with your little guy. Happy Valentine's day!

      Delete
  3. Thankfully, our little boy has no interest in scary monsters. As for being toothless, Christopher lost a tooth this afternoon....that's #3. And his two front teeth are nearly there too, as he says.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, the Tooth Fairy's been busy over there! Christopher does believe in the Tooth Fairy, yeah?

      Delete
  4. Monsters make the best Valentine's anyway;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A zombie bday card? Awesome! I avent watched walking dead but everyone is talking about it! I'm not big on monsters. I prefer watching mma. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that! If I could, I'd rather be watching the back of my eyelids!

      Delete
  6. I'm pretty sure that zombie valentine is the coolest card ever...definitely cooler than the e-card Ryan sent me. Yes, I said e-card. How I wish I were joking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa - e-card. That's in-the-dog-house worthy and I'm not even a romantic. He's got some making up to do for President's day!

      Delete
  7. Lovable Zombies, or what ??? Happy (belated) V-day, friend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That card is adorable! And so are your kids....or warewolves....whatever...they're cute!!! Glad you had a good Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trinity - I'd agree, but I'm biased because they've bitten me.

      Delete
  9. Aw, what a sweet card! And werewolves clearly need their own revival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly they do. After all, if dogs can learn to read - what's the deal with zombies?

      Delete