Pages

Amazon Homepage

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hide Your Annoyance

Today might be a good day to march up Greenpoint Avenue and sign up with the Jehovah's Witnesses just to keep myself from going postal with a BB gun. If you think that sounds unstable - I actually checked my horoscope this morning. Yup. I was looking for a moment of clarity like reading a Chinese cookie fortune that coincidentally summed up the obvious, "You are going to have new clothes".

"Whaaa?"

My horoscope did fare better. For today it said, "it's probably a good idea to hide your annoyance."

Makes sense. And this is the best I can do to hide it.

Regardless if it's true, I consider myself to have a very high threshold of patience. I could go days without throwing something heavy or blunt at my husband for his snide remarks and my yelling is restricted to in the mornings only. I'm even considerate enough to make sure the windows are closed so the neighbors don't have to hear how one is supposed to brush their teeth.

But seriously, until now, I've been pretty tolerant about a personal situation and I decided I'm not taking any more crap. You may or may not know what I'm talking about; you may be going through the same pile of garbage yourself. If so, then on a metaphysical level, let's just say it's time to move on.

My dad always taught me not to say something I might regret; my mom taught me never to hold a grudge and right now, I'm trying to practice both. Because at the same time, it's not a good thing to keep it all inside until it becomes cancerous. I lost my sister that way. My boys are not going to lose me, even if it means losing others.

"It is what it is," my former boss used to say. He also commented with envy, "You don't get stressed out, do you."

Nope. I try not to.

This is my secret: I only allow one person to thoroughly push my buttons and get away with it scot-free. That's my mother.

Everyone else can go jerk themselves a soda.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone else can jerk themselves a soda! Sorry you are having a hard time, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's not so bad once I put it in writing - but thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete