Pages

Amazon Homepage

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Some of my best friends are still single. In typical "grass is always greener" fashion, we envy each other for certain things. They envy me because I'm married and I envy them because...I'm married. Not to say I don't love my husband, but let's face reality: there is no Santa Claus, there is no Fairy Godmother and there is no Mr. Right.

Now guys, don't get all defensive - I'm sure the sentiment goes both ways. So if you want to know the deep dark truth of why I married my husband - or as my husband would say, how I tricked him into marrying me - well it's because we wanted to share the joys of raising little weirdos.

My husband and I disagree on a lot of things but our priorities are the same - the kids, beer and music. As long as we stay on the same page with that, I'm sure everything will work out fine. How could it not? We're not bickering about money or other things we don't have, we knock on wood for our good health and we really don't care who wins the Superbowl as long as they have a good half-time act.

So for all the yelling to keep the boys in line, working extra hard to pay our bills and take us out to dinner occasionally, and for doing dad things even though you're clueless, this Bock's for you, Daddy.

He enjoyed Dad's day at the Bierhaus near Grand Central Station. He ordered the Hofbrau Bock, which is responsibly served only as half litres because of it's high alcohol content. It may not seem like a lot, but the boys ginger ales came in the half litre steins as well and they were overjoyed.

We highly recommend the Wurst Sampler and the apple strudel, though the goulash gets a thumbs down. Our six-year old overdosed on the Spatzel. My husband kind of has a history with that side dish so I guess it runs in the family. The next day at dinner our six-year old said, "I'm still full from the Spatzel."

Half Litres!

Pretzels!

Okay, now Dad's tired

No comments:

Post a Comment