Pages

Amazon Homepage

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Piles

Hi. Remember me? Yes, I'm still alive and no, I haven't a legitimate reason for taking so long to write an entry. Of course, mine is just another blog among millions but the way I see it - if this were a job my ass would've been fired.

So, I apologize for my lack of consistency and slacking off these past twelve days. Other responsible bloggers feel it necessary to apologize when they go AWOL and following their good manners, I'd like to show my respect for those who Follow Me and say I'm sorry and please come back.

Maybe this is a feeble excuse but I just got overwhelmed. When the work piled up - or in my case didn't pile up at all - I became catatonic. Some people call it writer's block but in order to have writer's block a person has to be writing, not plucking gray hair all afternoon.

Something happened these past weeks where instead of opening up the laptop and staring at the cursor for thirty-seven minutes, I decided that suddenly the Tupperware needed to be sorted in size order. Then I was hungry - like starving Third World bloated belly and bulging eyes hungry. And of course, I couldn't neglect my kids! What kind of mother chooses writing over shopping for unnecessary toys?

Well, I realize the answer to that question is a mother. Not a writer. Besides, writers have no money to actually go shopping in the first place.

But I hadn't slacked off completely. The time off had it's redeeming accomplishments. I finished reading two books, "The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd and "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. Loved the latter - wasn't too crazy about Mermaid Chair's story. Although, it was written beautifully. Also, watched "An Inconvenient Truth" and wondered why nobody had bottled the breaking glacier's water to sell at four-dollars a pint? Of course that would only add to our plastic bottle debris but it beats drowning or being saved by an aging John Cusak.

And if that doesn't bowl you over, here are pictures of my wacky kids to melt your kid-lovin' hearts:

Helping Zuki negotiate a Beef Brisket sandwich at the famous Katz's Deli
Gearing up for Halloween and I have no idea who these characters are. 
Ice Cream smiles now, dairy overload poops later.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment