Pages

Amazon Homepage

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pay Day

It's the biggest check I ever got for writing. I still can't believe it, that my story won first place in a contest but there it was in my mailbox today - the moolah.

The contest was introduced to me by Kevin Ateridg's blog, Something Like That. The premise is First Line Fiction provides the first line and the contestant has to follow up with a story. It was a lot of fun and I'm already working on Contest number 8 ("I wouldn't do that if I were you," she told me the first time we met).

Considering my beginners luck may never provide the chance again to show off a winning horse, here's the yarn that's gonna pay for my pedicure. Hope you enjoy.

"The Butterfly Lady"

She's a local. The ghost in room 226. Of the guests she's haunted, most became parched with a distinctive curiosity that Grandma Tee was always happy to satiate with the tale. Then there were those who approached the front desk, paler than milk. It was always the (read more)

No comments:

Post a Comment